Open Beta - Patch Notes
Welcome to the fourth Planet of Heroes test session! We did a lot of changes this time around and hoped you'll enjoy them as much as we do. Between the new hero Dozer, sound effects, game bugs and general fixes here is a list of all the changes coming to you in this patch.
PvE and Upgrades
In Test Phase 4 we’ve added the first act of the Story Mode, which currently has two available difficulties. Additionally, an Equipment System was introduced that allows easier completion of the higher difficulties of the missions. Components of the PvE includes:
- Searching for the Equilibrium Stone in a short storyline that spans five missions.
- 2 difficulty options – Hard Mode becomes available after passing all the missions on the Normal difficulty.
- Complete main and side objectives! Side objectives can sometimes be much harder to achieve than the main goal. However, each objective rewards a star and solving all objectives yields up to 3 stars for a mission, giving you a higher rank!
- After each mission, the player receives components that can be used to upgrade their equipment. Each hero has their recipes for upgrades, and they need different components. Some components may also be looted during the missions.
- Hero equipment upgrades are permanent in PvE. Equipment does not affect PvP.
- By playing PvP and finishing quests the player will also receive a special currency, “Black Doubloons”, which can be spent on loot from missions. This option is only available for a mission after the 3-star rating has been achieved.
With the addition of the PvE missions, some prices were adjusted:
- The uncommon currency used to purchase Heroes is now called Shards of Valor. This currency can be obtained through quests and in PvP battles. Prices for heroes remains mostly unchanged. All “old” heroes cost: 2000. Candy: 2500. Dozer: 3500
- Runes levels 1, 2, and 3 now cost 125, 250, and 500 Shards of Valor respectively.
- Rune levels 4, 5, and 6 are purchased with the Elders Insignia. Elders Insignia is a rare currency and can be obtained as a reward for completing the PvE Mission (both manual and automatic). The higher difficulty the mission, the better e chance of looting Elders Insignia on it.
- After PvP and PvE battles players can obtain Planetoons, which is spent on upgrading equipment.
- Saphirites cannot be obtained yet.
The game got the first iteration of the Tutorial which is split into several parts: 2 combat and two interface tutorials.
- The first combat tutorial teaches the controls of the combat and game mechanics. To pass the tutorial the players will play as Duncan. At the end of the tutorial, the player is prompted to choose their second hero between Ronda and Magnum.
- The second tutorial teaches the mechanics of PvP, in particular, the Jungle, buffs of the Archon and how the towers work. After the second tutorial, the player will be a third random hero from the following list: Bluebeard, Sky'lee, [enger] and Bubbles.
- Immediately after the second tutorial ends, an interface guide begins.
- Once a player accumulates enough money to purchase the first Rune, the last interface tutorial kicks off, teaching him to buy and equip runes.
In the test phase 4, we have changed the Hero Classes:
- Warrior - Heroes specializing in surviving in close quarter battles. They can perform the role of tanks in the group.
- Assassin - Melee heroes, specialized in causing significant damage to a single target.
- Marksman - Ranged heroes, causing high damage to enemies.
- Support – Possesses abilities to assist the team, both through direct team buffs, enemy debuffs, or crowd control.
- Duncan was rebalanced toward the Warrior class:
- Given more HP & Armor while reducing his damage output.
- Ronda was rebalanced toward the Assassin class:
- Given more Damage and less HP.
The new Hero, Dozer was added as well! Enjoy!
Additionally, we will release another smaller update next week where we address the matchmaking with some changes, stay tuned!
Let us know on Facebook, Twitter and Reddit what you think about this test phase!