January Update - Game launch
Greetings heroes, the open beta is over and our guys and gals at the Fast Forward Studios are working hard to bring you the release version as soon possible! It shouldn’t take long before you can experience the milestone in the history for Planet of Heroes.
During all betas we had in 2016, we received a lot of feedback, constructive and encouraging, so this January update aims to polish up the game and add more to it - creating a great foundation for this new year.
The release plan will look like this:
The game is now launching into a live state on iOS in Singapore, Germany, and Canada! And will be available starting tomorrow in those three regions directly from the AppStore. Android users and other regions will stay the in a beta state BUT THERE WILL BE NO MORE WIPES. No matter which platform or region - your data starting tomorrow will not be reset anymore. We aim to bring the game in a launch state worldwide as soon as possible!
Before we jump right into the changes let’s take a quick look at who got to the top of the leader boards in the last phase:
Bensen managed to push out the usual suspect Nutshell out of the top three! GG WP! With that said, the new season will start with the next update and we have much more planned in the future!
“ENOUGH of that - I want to know what’s new!”
January Patch Notes
Neelu - The Eyok Druid is here to heal you! We introduced this new hero yesterday to you and she will be playable starting the next update! If you missed her skills and runes, read them up here.
- Languages Added! You can change the language in the settings!
- The game is now localized in 5 languages: English, French, German, Russian, Korean
- Daily Login Bonus added
- The first tutorial was reworked and improved
- You can now backup and restore your accounts using a unique connection to Facebook or the iOS Game Center
- Item Shop was added (for iOS Users, Android is following soon!)
- Saphirites are now purchasable
- 11 Hero Skins were added
- Chieftain Bluebeard / Marauder Bluebeard / Enforcer Duncan / Pioneer Duncan / Overlord Duncan / Aeronaut Ronda / Reckless Ronda / Astro Guard Magnum / Biohazard Bubbles / Spiritwalker Sky’Lee / Chef Avenger / Road Warrior Avenger
- Economy Adjustments
- New Tabs in the Main Menu were added
- Login Bonus Tab / News Tab
- Account Levels experience re-balanced
- New death FX
- Damage text improved (should be now more visible and readable)
- In-Game UI adjust
- In-Game camera angles improved
- Notifications about quests, runes, and equipment (displayed with a red !)
- Game download size reduced
- Avenger got finally a name: Zarx
- Fixed a bug where under certain circumstances an ability would be used right after respawn (if the hero died before the skill was used ) - FINALLY!
- Matchmaking adjustments
- Your rating is now taken into account
- Your region is now more heavily measured
- more factors like your party size and runes unlocked are part the matchmaking too
- Jungle mechanics adjusted
- Jungle monster have more HP
- Bear drops Damage glyph
- Golem drops Armor glyph
- Stich drops Health glyph
- Archon buff adjusted
- Now resets all ability cooldowns upon receiving the buff
- Increases Health regeneration for all allies for 1 minute
- Increases minion armor for 1 minute
- Increases minion movement speed for 1 minute
- Balance changes to Avenger, Candy, and Dozer
- The MVP calculation was adjusted to include deaths and assists
- You now see the names of your teammates in the lobby
- You can set your runes, sparks, and skins after selecting a hero and pressing "READY" in the lobby
- Added respawn timer at the bottom of the screen
- The second act in the mission mode was added
- Autoplay currency name changed from Black Doubloons to Astro Coffee
- Equipment System was adjusted
- You get additional rewards for completing all mission in an act with three stars once
- You get additional rewards for completing a mission with three stars for the first time
And that’s just the beginning. We are planning much more in the coming months. We have a year of adventure planned for you. Talk to you again soon!
Let us know on Facebook, Twitter and Reddit what you think about these changes!